Happy Monday people!
I am back in Wales today, back in the garden getting it ready for the next stage, today though we have some sun in between the rain which is nice against the autumn nip in the air.
Last night we had a simple, tasty, chicken and potatoes variation adapted from 2 recipes. Husband was working his day off and got held up, so the mozzarella got browned off more than planned but it ended up bringing a little something extra to the flavour even if it didn’t look as good as it could have…also, I may have eaten it all before I thought about it!
Baked Cheesy Chicken
- 1kg boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 250g light cream cheese
- 150ml sour cream
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 250g mozzarella cheese
- 120g grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat your oven to 190˚c.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, salt, pepper, and 1/2 of the parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat in a large baking dish (spritz with oil for non stick). Spread the cheese mixture over the top of the chicken, followed by the parmesan and then the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until your chicken is cooked through and your cheese is golden/browned.
- Serve immediately with your choice of side.
And for the Creamy baby potatoes
- 750g Baby Potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- 1 carrot grated
- 1.5 tbsp flour
- 300ml double cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste (mine was 1tsp sea salt, 1.25 coarse pepper)
- Heaped 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 to 1 cup milk for added creaminess (if needed)
- Fill a pot with salted water & bring it to a boil. Add baby potatoes and reduce to medium heat. Cook until baby potatoes are soft when pierced with a knife. Drain water and set aside.
- While your potatoes boil, in a large non stick pan, heat your olive oil over a medium heat, then add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add chopped celery and saute for a further 5 minutes, then add the grated carrot and saute for 5 more minutes. Stir frequently.
- Once your veg is softening, sprinkle flour over the sauted celery/garlic/carrots and stir until coated. Pour in the cream, and stir continuously until it comes to a gentle boil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add mustard powder and milk (if needed) and mix well.
- Chop potatoes into bite size pieces and add to the pan, stir into the creamy sauce until well combined and heated through.
- Serve with your choice of main.
And there you have it, tasty good and ready in 45 minutes.
Until next time,